Friday, July 18, 2008

Puerto Morelos


I took this one 2 weekends ago, in neighboring Puerto Morelos. The fishermen were having fun with all those birds flying around their boat trying to get their daily fish ration... The light was beautiful, a perfect summer day bathed in Caribbean blue..

Another one with the little Canon G7. Somebody once told me that the best camera is the one that you have in your hands, ready to shoot. I guess that's why I enjoy pocket cameras so much. They may have their limitations, but they're always ready at hand. A G7 may be slow to start up, but at least it's always in my jacket pocket, ready to go. I cannot say that about my big Oly, resting in its bulky back-pack... by the time it's out of the bag, and the lens cap has been placed in my pocket... the "definite moment" is long past.

No comments: