Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ake


The place was eerie, even more than the 1st time I went. And every time I've been there (this was my 3rd), something weird has happened to us.
If you take my advice, please never ever try to get there using the way sign posted at the highway, or you'll get stuck in a very long and extremely lonely dirt track that nobody ever uses. And then don't expect a warm welcome when you finally arrive to the place. This is godforsaken country as it ever was...

The Mayan ruins are enigmatic and lonely, and the Hacienda (the reason I wanted to get there on the first place)... completely eerie. Imagine a factory built in 1912, which remains operative (somehow) while it's building has been pretty much destroyed, half of the machinery salvaged, and what it's left in operation hasn't received any maintenance ever... It was the closest to "zombiland" that I've ever been.

To make things worse we'd to deal with a complete nutcase of a local hacienda worker. This picture should help you to understand this comment and the photos that I'll post in the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds quiet creepy what you said...anyway I like the imagine, it looks more like a painting than a picture.

Rafael del Castillo said...

Hey kena!
Thanks for passing by.
I always appreciate your comments.