Thursday, September 25, 2008

La Carrera del Darro


This is a very personal image. I don't even expect it to be understood. It's sunset at Granada, by the Darro (Dauro in Latin) river, on the skirts of the Alhambra.

I'm posting it because it seems that Kodak it's considering to stop producing what must me the best film emulsion there ever was (or will): Kodachrome.

For years (decades) it was the standard National Geographic film... I used to shoot loads of it. And I love its color accuracy and the density it has. Nothing (and I mean NOTHING, being digital or analogue) can capture colors the way Kodachrome does.

Even under low light, these slides will return solid colors. I love this image because it captured the fall of a winter night perfectly. It's an atmospheric shot. Apologies about the quality of the scan though.

Nothing matches this film... I really really hope that Kodak decides to keep it alive.

PD.- Check this link to read a fascinating story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome)

No comments: