Friday, September 26, 2008

Hawelka Café


I took this picture a long time ago. It's the charismatic Hawelka Café in Vienna. When I went there for the first time both Herr and Frau Hawelka were still attending the place. When I returned in 2,004 I was lucky enough to chat (in German, I knew those two years in Frankfurt would come handy one day) with Frau Hawelka and to have a last slice of those very famous Buchteln wafts of hers. And I even managed to get a picture taken of her and I.

Why do I tell you all this? Maybe because this is one of the very few places in Vienna that I like. I was talking to Celeste about her forthcoming trip around Europe, and the image of this café quickly came to mind.

This picture was part of my 4th exhibition, and I still like it. Like Sergio, I also miss those good old film times.
PD.- Apologies for the quality of this scan. The original it's buried inside a box somewhere and I'm too lazy to photoshop it...

No comments: