Friday, June 10, 2011

Wien

I'm going back in time today. This is one of the pictures that started it all. After those days in Vienna nothing was quite the same for me, and I've been on the road since...

This was part of my first 'solo' photo exhibition. One big one meter print. It looked pretty impresive hanging on the wall. Can you imagine going to a lab these days and ask for a one meter tall enlargement of a 35mm pic? They'll think you're mad...

Lately I was thinking on how would it be to go back to Europe, so I couldn't avoid looking into my files for images that would bring back the feeling of what it would be like to be back there. This is one of them: 'Walking in the middle of night, camera in hand, through the center of Vienna on a cold March night, looking for images...'

No comments: