Sunday, August 17, 2008

Teresita


This is Teresita, with her youngest daughter and her one year old granddaughter. She was kind enough to pose for me with her family, and to show us the preparations for the memorial in remembrance of her father in law, that she was going to host the following day.

We just got home from our trip to the Mayan comunities of the south of the peninsula. Kena went down on Thursday, and today Mario and I joined her, and Don Abelardo from the DIF (Integral Development of the Family Institute).

It's been a long (and very hot) day driving from community to community. But it was worth the effort. I can't possibly put into words how special this was for me, and how badly I want to go back. Plus I can't thank Kena and Mario enough for giving me the chance to join them.

We met some truly amazing people, and took some special pictures too. We came back with a smiling heart and the promise to return soon.

I'm tired tonight... but more to follow. Stay tuned!

No comments: