Monday, August 4, 2008

London Underground - Victoria Line


For some reason I woke up this morning with this image in my head. I guess I've been missing home lately. I took this one a long time ago, in 1992 when I was starting to play with cameras, and I'd just discovered Kodak Tri-X.

Don't ask me why, but in this blog I'm having a great time showing images that I've captured using totally unglamorous equipment. In this case, a Ricoh KR10M, the 1st camera I bought with my own money when I was 16 years old. BTW the standard Ricoh lens was truly awful when it came to flare.
Once, just for the fun of it, I posted this same picture in a Leica photo contest... only to recieve positive reviews from "fellow" Leica photographers talking about the beautiful grainy/3D effect that "my Leica" lens had rendered.

No comments: