Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring


I received an email from Ivan last Sunday. He wrote about Germany, about going to London, about his plans... and about Spring. He was saying something I always say about Northern Europe and Spring: How you can clearly tell when Spring has finally arrived.

There is a day. A day in which the sun is shinning and everybody is smiling. A day in which you break away from winter and start feeling different. A kind of rebirth after winter. Everybody hit the streets, lay on the sun, sit down outside the pub with a beer... and girls change their clothes and their expressions to the point that you barely recognize them any longer.

For a southern soul it's all pretty amazing to contemplate for the 1st time...

My 1st "real" spring day was in 1999, St. Patrick's Day, in London. The day I took this picture. The day I took Valerie's pictures as well.

I woke up early today. I was reading something from Kyoichi Katayama, looked out of my window and saw that our garden tree is finally blossoming. And thought about Ivan's email. And thought about you too...

1 comment:

Ivan said...

It is amazing how everything is very different here in Europe, things that seems very simple to people who always lived here, for some who came of the "never ending spring" like me, it is so incredible the amount of changes you see everyday... I love it!

I also kept thinking in the conversations we had the last week and I wrote something about it... I will send you an email so you can tell me what you think!

Take care "pirata" and keep posting!